Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Saif Ali Khan And Amrita Singh's Tragic Love Story: From A Fling To Marriage And Fina
Saif Ali Khan And Amrita Singh's Tragic Love Story: From A Fling To Marriage And Finally Divorce
[Image: article-l-20183655102118621000.jpg]

She was the quintessential Punjabi kudi of Bollywood and he the urban rockstar of Hindi film industry. If she was outspoken and dedicated, he was cool and carefree. She was already a star and he was still struggling to find a foothold in the industry. Nothing about the two was ordinary, so naturally, their love story too was far, far away from being an ordinary one. In a candid chat with Simi Garewal, Saif Ali Khan, who wears his heart on his sleeve spoke at length about how he met and fell in love with superstar Amrita Singh.

It wasn’t love at first sight
[Image: article-201761807354327343000.jpg]
Saif and Amrita met for the first time during Rahul Rawail’s film with which Saif was going to make his debut. Since Rahul and Amrita shared a great camaraderie, he invited her to do a photoshoot with the star cast of the film. Saif, who was making his debut was trying to act as a gracious host and trying to take care of all the guests on the set. During the photoshoot, Saif decided to put his arms around Amrita for the picture and that is when Amrita first noticed him well. It wasn’t love at first sight but there was something that attracted both of them to each other, right there, right then! While Amrita thought it was quite gutsy of him to put his arms around her like that, for Saif, it was Amrita’s brash behaviour that caught his attention. He even told her:
Quote:“There must be a gentler side of you which you’re trying to protect with this harsh exterior.”
The unexpected phone call
[Image: article-201836410441738657000.jpg]

Even though the photoshoot got over quickly, Amrita Singh left a striking impression on Saif’s heart. The young boy was going crazy and curious about someone who did not even acknowledge his presence. After a couple of days post the photoshoot, Saif dialled Amrita’s home number hoping to invite her for dinner. He said:
Quote:“Would you like to go out for dinner with me?”
And, to his surprise, Amrita said:
Quote:“No, I don’t go out for dinner. But, you can come home for dinner if you like.”
Needless to say, Saif drove over to her place the very same night.
The steamy, fiery liplock
[Image: article-201761807411927679000.jpg]

In his own words, Saif had said:
Quote:“I did not go over there with any kind of expectations. I just wanted to have a nice time with her and get to know her better.”
He was startled to see Amrita without any makeup, looking even more gorgeous than she looked otherwise. Well, this did break his heart a bit as he thought she did not feel the need to dress up and put on some makeup for him, which indirectly meant she was not interested in him. Sensing Saif’s impulse, Amrita clearly told him that:
Quote:“If you have come here under the impression that something might happen between the two of us, it’s not. So just relax!”
The duo talked about everything and anything under the sun and soon it off. They got along like a house on fire and talked about things ranging from professional to personal topics. As the night grew darker, the palpable fire between the two ignited and they kissed.

Saif did not leave the house for two days
[Image: article-201836410465638816000.jpg]

After the steamy, passionate liplock, Saif confided that he loved her to which Amrita replied that she loved him too. Saif did not leave Amrita’s home post the episode for the next two days. When the calls of producers and directors became unbearable, he decided to resume shooting. By this time, Amrita was so madly in love with him that she did not want him to leave the house, or her at all. And so terrified was she when she heard that Saif had to go for the shoot again that she asked him to take her car and go. Amrita revealed that she secretly thought that if not for her, at least he would come back just for the sake of returning her car.
From a fling to marriage
[Image: article-201771839531535595000.jpg]
Even though it looked similar from the outside, there was nothing in their lives which had any sort of similarity. While Amrita was a star, Saif was still breaking stones to carve a niche for himself in the industry. While Amrita wanted marriage, Saif had everything but marriage on his mind. Their massive age difference was another factor which was making them brood over the strange chemistry and kind of cosmic relationship they had developed. However, despite all the odds, both Saif and Amrita decided that they could not live without each other. So it did not come across as a surprise when the actress who is known for being bold and headstrong, decided to tie the knot with a much younger Saif Ali Khan.

Falling out of love
[Image: article-201836410472538845000.jpg]

Even though no official confirmation came our way over what led to their divorce after 13 strong years of being married, many attribute Saif’s prolonged affairs and falling “out of love” with Amrita as the reason behind their separation. Saif and Amrita have two kids – Sara Ali Khan and Ibrahim Ali Khan. And even though the relationship between Amrita, their two kids is now cordial, it was not the same earlier. In an interview with the Telegraph, Saif had once said:
Quote:“I’m supposed to give Amrita Rs 5 crore, of which I’ve already given her approximately Rs 2.5 crore. Also, I’m paying Rs 1 lakh per month until my son becomes 18. I’m not Shah Rukh Khan. I don’t have that kind of money. I’ve promised her I’ll pay up the rest of the money, and I will, even if I’ve to slog till I drop dead. Whatever I’ve earned from doing ads, stage shows and films is being given to my children. I’ve no money. Our bungalow is for Amrita and the kids, and never mind the relatives who’ve joined her after my departure. Rosa and I stay in a pokey two-room apartment. Still, I’ve never been more at peace with myself. After a long long time, I feel my self-worth has returned. It isn’t nice to be constantly reminded of how worthless you are and to have taunts, jeers, insults and abuses thrown at your mother and sister all the time. I’ve gone through all of it. Now I feel healed again. Today, if I’ve found someone who actually makes me feel I’m worth something, what’s wrong with it? Earlier, I had hit such a rock bottom with my self-esteem that I’d be shocked if someone complimented me for my looks! Today if someone says something nice, I say, ‘That’s fine. Stars are supposed to be complimented."
Not allowed to meet the children
[Image: article-201761807425627776000.jpg]
Talking about his kids after their divorce, Saif had said:
Quote:"My wife and I have gone our separate ways. I respect my wife’s space. But why am I being constantly reminded of how terrible a husband I was, and how awful a father I am I’ve my son Ibrahim’s photograph in my wallet. Each time I look at it, I feel like crying. I miss my daughter Sara all the time. I’m not allowed to meet my children. They aren’t allowed to come to visit me, let alone stay with me. Why’ Because there’s a new woman in my life who’d influence my children against their mother’ That’s so much hogwash and Amrita knows it. Right now my kids are growing up with Amrita’s relatives and maidservants while she’s out working in a TV serial. Why does she need to do that, when I’m more than willing to support my family.”

Affair with Rosa
[Image: article-201751319214933709000.jpg]

Post their separation, Saif publically announced his relationship with Italian dancer and model, Rosa. The duo had even started living together. Even though the relationship did not last too long, Saif did find his soulmate in Rosa once.
Quote:"Unlike Amrita, Rosa is not from the film industry. Sure, I liked being put in touch with the industry’s bigwigs by Amrita, having dinner with Karan Johar, etc. But in hindsight, I’d have been better off finding my way through the industry. There’s a theory that I became whatever I am because Amrita took me by my finger and led me through it all. She has played a big hand in my growth as an actor and human being. But it’s a blessing to be with a woman who has nothing to do with movies. Even Shah Rukh’s wife Gauri keeps out of his career. I’d like to keep it that way.”
All is not well
[Image: article-201736710123536755000.jpg]
Though Saif and Amrita have been spotted going for dinner in the last couple of years, and their kids share an impeccable chemistry with Kareena, everything between Amrita and Kareena still remains hunky-dory. When the news of Kareena Kapoor’s pregnancy had broken out, a particular media outlet reached out to Amrita for her quote. An angry Amrita not only slammed the phone but also gave an earful to the reporter before doing so. Amrita said:
Quote:"How do you have the guts to call people and ask such random questions? Who are you? Don’t call me again."
Well, the equation between Saif-Amrita-Kareena is certainly not an easy one to decode. But, we certainly are glad to see Sara and Ibrahim loving their half-brother Taimur Ali Khan like there’s no tomorrow. Afterall, all’s well that ends well. Right?
[-] The following 1 user Likes sandy 's post:
  • Ron
FALL OUT OF LOVE, really crap word to say when you are bored of your wife and want new person in life, blame her for your bad feelings for your cheat and say she is responsible for it.
i never liked him b4, he was flirt, she fell into his flirt and that's it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ron 's post:
  • silverdoll
Love should not be end
[-] The following 1 user Likes silverdoll 's post:
  • Ronit
true love never ends.
jab aap kisi ladki ki taraf attract hote hai aap yeh kehte ho  k haan jee mujhe ishq ho gya inse, aab unhe hasil karlene ke baad aap ka mann aab khush ho jata hai ladki hasil ho gyi biwi ban gyi,, 2 3 sal sub thik hai phir aapko koi aur ladki nazar ati kisi aur ke peeche aap jane lag jate ho.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Love Story Of Bollywood's Evergreen Couple Hema Malini And Dharmendra Ron 26 1,368 08-01-2018, 07:18 PM
Last Post: silverdoll
  Paresh Rawal And Swaroop Sampat's Love Story Will Make You Believe In Love At First S Ron 6 177 10-11-2017, 09:10 PM
Last Post: silverdoll
  The Love Story Of Most Adorable Bollywood Couple Shilpa Shetty And Raj Kundra Ron 2 306 25-10-2017, 12:45 PM
Last Post: Ron
  The Real Unheard Story Of Hrithik Roshan And Sussane Khan's Divorce Ron 6 319 09-09-2017, 08:06 PM
  When A Royal Met A Regal: Everything You Need To Know About Saif And Kareena's Love S Ron 0 157 31-08-2017, 12:10 PM
  Best Friends Forever: An Eternal Love Story Of Riteish And Genelia Deshmukh Ron 1 408 24-08-2017, 01:48 PM
  The Love-Hate Story Of Dimple Kapadia And Rajesh Khanna Ron 1 262 20-08-2017, 11:11 AM
  Truth Behind The Unfortunate Love Story Of Amitabh And Rekha Ron 51 1,116 17-08-2017, 08:42 PM
  Age Gap Of 22 Yrs And 50 Yrs Of Marriage: This Is What True Love Stories Are Made Of! Ron 18 315 16-08-2017, 01:36 PM
  The Beautiful Love Story Of Hottest Bollywood Couple Ranbir Kapoor And Katrina Kaif Ron 1 281 07-08-2017, 04:06 PM