Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Throwback Interview: Ajay Devgn Denies Writing Love Letters To Raveena Tandon, Calls
Throwback Interview: Ajay Devgn Denies Writing Love Letters To Raveena Tandon, Calls Her Master Lair

[Image: article-l-201836711102340223000.jpg]

While she was the ultimate fantasy queen of the industry in the 90s, he is the tall, dark and handsome guy who garnered fame with his different choice of films. We are talking about Dilwale co-stars Ajay Devgn and Raveena Tandon. Though it might be difficult for everyone to assimilate the fact that Ajay, who has an image of a family man, earlier had an image of a ladies’ man.

In the early 90s, Ajay was reportedly in a relationship with Raveena until he unceremoniously dumped her after falling in love with his Suhaag co-star Karisma Kapoor. Ajay and Raveena had a public war of words, and she was so heartbroken that she even tried to attempt suicide. Their ugly separation led to Ajay advising Raveena to see a psychiatrist. In an earlier interview, Raveena claimed that while she was in a relationship with Ajay, they exchanged some love letters which she can cite as a proof of their affair.

[Image: article-201836710400638406000.jpg]
[Image: article-201836710401638416000.jpg]

However, Ajay called her claims to be a "figment of her imagination." In an interview in 1994 with Filmfare, Ajay was quoted as saying:

Quote:"Letters? Ha! What letters? Tell that girl that she should go ahead and publish those letters, even I want to read the figment of her imagination! Our families have known each other for years, she used to come over to our place because she’s a friend of my sister Neelam. When she started behaving badly, we couldn’t throw her out. Could we? I was never close to her. Ask her, if I’ve ever called her up or talked to her on my own. She’s just trying to get publicity by linking her name with mine. Her so-called suicide attempt was also a publicity gimmick."

[Image: article-201836710511439074000.jpg]

Ajay Devgn talked about his alleged relationship and asserted:

“Everyone knows that she is a born liar, that’s why her silly statements don’t upset me too much. But, this time she has gone too far, she has crossed the limits of decency. It’s high time I gave her some advice. This girl must go to a psychiatrist immediately to get her head examined. Otherwise, she will land up in a lunatic asylum. I’m quite willing to accompany her to the shrink’s office.”

[Image: article-201836710413238492000.jpg]

When asked Ajay, what Raveena has against him which made her do all this, he stated:

Quote:"I don’t know. Maybe it’s just that I’ve never been interested in her. I did not fall for her."

He further added that he had no issues with most of his heroines except Manisha Koirala and Raveena:

Quote:"Excuse me, except for Raveena and Manisha, no heroine has complained about me. I get along with all my leading ladies including Juhi Chawla. I am doing more than one film with several popular heroines, but not with these two girls. If Manisha and Raveena were the only heroines left on earth, I wouldn’t work with them. Both are very similar temperately- they are master liars and birth are frustrated. I don’t like artificial people, I vibe well with genuine people.”
[Image: article-201836710475838878000.jpg]

Not only with Ajay, but Raveena had a feud with her Andaz Apna Apna co-star Karisma Kapoor too. The catfight between the two was not only because of personal reasons but professional as well. Talking about her cold war with Karisma, Raveena said:

Quote:"I won't name the heroine, but because she was insecure she had me removed from four films. As a matter of fact, I was to do one of the films with her. She was closer to the producer and the hero apparently. So, these things do happen, but I'm not into playing these sort of games."
[Image: article-201836710492938969000.jpg]

Raveena also refused to pose with Karisma at a party and talking about the same, she retorted:

"It doesn't make me a superstar if I pose with a Karisma Kapoor today. She doesn't feature in my life in any which way. I'm a professional, I don't care. I would pose with a broomstick if need be. Karisma and I are not the best of friends. Ditto with Ajay. Professionally I'm ready to work with Ajay or Karisma. Where work is concerned I don't bother about these stupid ego problems."

Now, years later, Ajay Devgn, Raveena Tandon and Karisma Kapoor are happy in their respective lives and have let bygone be bygones.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ron 's post:
  • Ron

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Throwback Wedding Photographs Of Bollywood Celebs Ron 6 220 03-12-2017, 10:44 AM
Last Post: Ron
  The Love Story Of Kajol And Ajay Devgn Proves That When Opposites Attract This Happen Ron 2 199 31-07-2017, 12:34 PM
  Love Happened On Voice Calls: Inspirational Love Story Of Renuka Shahane And Ashutosh Ron 0 101 19-07-2017, 09:35 AM
  Ajay Devgn’s tweet for Nysa will make every daughter feel PROUD and EMPOWERED! Ron 2 251 15-07-2016, 07:24 PM
  Exclusive: Sanjay Kapoor Interview For Tevar RnS.hamesha 0 150 05-08-2015, 10:39 PM
Last Post: RnS.hamesha
  Parwana | Hindi Full Movie | Ajay Devgan, Amisha Patel Ronshan 0 2,085 16-01-2015, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Ronshan
  'Mickey Virus' Manish Paul & Puja Gupta INTERVIEW-TV9 Ronshan 0 211 07-06-2014, 03:31 PM
  'Love Story' between Raveena Tandon-Akshay Kumar-Shilpa Shetty Ronshan 0 199 10-01-2014, 08:49 PM