Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Checkmate- Sam-Arj (Aham & Kashmira) FIC, PART 19 UPDATED on 22.4.2018
(28-02-2018, 10:43 PM)Rehan Wrote: Hi...
I have started reading the 1st prologue and it looks interesting. 
I read many stories but reading suspense is new experience for me, watched suspense in movies but imagine reading it is something else, you have to imagine the happening. i am surely going to read this one.

Rehan

Thank You for giving "Checkmate" a chance. Hope you find it interesting for reading further. Will wait for your review.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Madhumita 's post:
  • Ron
(01-03-2018, 11:00 AM)Ron Wrote: Hi, 
Me reading chapter 1, so far I am enjoying the way this story has started, at times parents want us to do same things as them, be their copy or fulfill their dreams, being a daughter of business man doesn't mean she has to be business woman herself but people don't understand that every person has his / her hobbies / talents. At least she is doing what she loves and not forced into joining business work. 

why her mother left, is a mystery, reasons can be mother fault and maybe mother no fault, example dad left her and took away their daughter, maybe her mom is dead or maybe she actually did leave them and run off with some other guy, many reasons can be... ill read on and see the rest of it.

First of all, Thank You Ron for keenly reading this story & also for your lovely feedback. It's really a treat to read & very inspiring to write further. Yes, totally agree, we should do what we wants, then only we can get satisfaction in life. Why her mother left? It's a big mystery, will unfold step by step.
  • Ron
(01-03-2018, 11:12 AM)Ron Wrote: Arjun mehra's entry in chapter one was interesting one, like a filmy hero saved the girl.

One thing is that, who is he? from where he came? interesting entry here, btw that guy is handsome no doubt good looking man, liked their introduction their chat was interesting one.

Woman / man should not trust stranger so quickly but she wanted to do what is right to do. 

So far, enjoyed chapter one, ended so quickly.. will read chapter two  Big Grin

Keep it up, I loved your story, thanks for posting it on shaanse, highly appreciated. 

Hmm, true, indeed Arjun Mehra was a suspicious character. There are so many questions, I agree & that's the mystery. It's a long way to go.
& Yes, one should not trust a stranger so quickly. Who knows what his/her motive is!
You welcome. Your Forum member, Shaina told me to post it here. So, all credit goes to all.
& Thanks to you for lovely feedback.
[-] The following 2 users Like Madhumita 's post:
  • Ron , Shaina
(01-03-2018, 11:53 AM)Ron Wrote: Read chapter 2- This is called, Small world, he didn't know who she was or who is her dad or anything else but is joining her dad's business.. Hmm goood

it was amazing chapter, enjoyed their travel to mumbai together, who is arjun and why is he here, is one big question, something interesting is about to be open. 

who knows, it was pre planned meeting like, he is the one sending the goons to her, fighting them, winning over them , being her friend, n in the end, joining new job in her dad's office..

Something fishy, Looking fw to read your next chapter.

Hmm. So many guesses. Let's see, which one is correct. Thank You again for the lovely, inspiring feedback. I am happy that you are liking. Keep reading. Hope I live up to your expectation.
  • Ron
Part 3

Arjun Mehra was sitting in the Account Section of Khanna Industries.Today, his first day in office but he is sitting idle on his desk without any work & watching his colleagues working.As all his colleagues said to enjoy his first day because he will not gonna to get any chance to enjoy from tomorrow.From tomorrow his hectic schedule will begin in office.
Arjun was sitting in a corner & on his left hand side he saw Teji, his one of the colleagues, was struggling with lots of files.
Arjun- May I help U teji????
Teji-huh????
Arjun-(again)-May I help U???Do U think you will complete all the files without any help.??
Teji- I don't think so.But I have to do all the files at any cost.Neither Nandini mam will kick me out from here.
Arjun- Really???But to complete all the files you have to stay late night in the office.
Teji- In Khanna Industries, there is no late night shift.All the employees have to complete their works till 8pm.After that, no one allowed in the office.So.please, don't disturb me.
Arjun- I am not disturbing U teji.I want to help you.See, I am sitting idle & you are struggling with lots of work.So, why don't U share ur work with me???
Teji- All these files are my responsibility.If Nandini mam finds any mistake...
Arjun- Relax.She will never find any mistake.Trust me.
Teji gave some files to Arjun & both started working together.
Lunch time,Arjun & Teji sitting together in the Cafeteria.
Teji- Thanks dudefor ur help.I was in so much tension how to handle so much work.
Arjun- Don't you think Teji its your fault.Why you have so much pending work???
Teji- Not my fault.I was in leave.Today I joined in duty & Dev Sir gave all the pending files.
Arjun- So, out two Bosses are Hitler.
Teji- Not two, Dev Sir is the manager here.We can direct interact with him.But U know, one thing, He is an alcoholic.So, Nandini mam is the main all in all in Khanna Industries.
Arjun- An alcoholic man is the manager here.U are kidding Teji???If Dev is that much irresponsible, then company will sack him naa???
Teji- Dev is the right hand of the owner Samrat Khanna.I least interested about this management.
Arjun- Neither I Teji.I just want to know about them coz I have to work here.
Teji- Dev Sir is not a threat.But Nandini mam, baap re baap.She is unaccessible, she is mysterious.You can only meet with her, if she wants to meet you.Unless, meeting with her not possible.
Arjun- may be, its because she is one of the Director of this company, maintaining distance from the staff.
Teji- Whatever.
Arjun- By the way Teji , I am noticing so many cameras in the Office.Why??? I mean camera is a common thing now, its use for safety purpose, but don't U think the numbers are too many.
Teji- Purpose for these cameras are to spying on us.U know Nandini mam watch all of us from her cabin.I think only safe place is the Washroom.
Arjun- You never entered in Nandini mam's cabin???
Teji-Its my good luck that she never call me in her cabin.
Arjun- ohh.
Teji- You are helping me, So I am giving U this free advice.Stay Away from the management.Do your work, take your salary & Go home.
Arjun- yay.(Arjun adjusted his spectacles)
Soon, the launch break was over,  Arjun & Teji again started working.
After sometimes,
Arjun- Heyy Teji, look in this file some figures are incomplete.I need this reference files figures to complete this.Where is Store Room???
Teji- ssshh.
Arjun-What???
Teji- leave the file.No Employess is allowed in the Store Room.You will always find lock in the store room.
Arjun- hmm, ohh okay, Then You handle the file.

Birdsong Advertisement Agency,
Samaira & team was super happy.Maybelline Newyork approved the location also. Everything is ready.Now,Its time for shooting.This will be one of the milestone of Birdsong.
Neil-Samie, U rocked baby.
Samaira- see, I told you naa, I am the best.
Neil- yes, you are the best samie & I will perform the song on your birthday.So, Countdown begins.Only 2 days left.Then Happy Birthday Samie.So, guys.Its celebration time.
The whole team- We want Party.
Neil- of course, its celebration time.So, I like to invite U all in Sam's Birthday Party.Location- My house.
Samaira- No Neil, this year no party in your home.Aunty is not well.Guys,I, myself  will throw the  party on my home.
Neil- Home????
Samaira- on my rented home, where now I live.
Neil- Samie.Your Londlord is super khadus.He will not allow any party yaar.
Samaira- Don't worry Neil.I will manage.But If he didn't give the permission,then I will give my Birthday party in some resturant.
All cheers.
Samaira started playing with her mobile.
Neil- Samy, U are in a pensive mood???
Samaira- You know Neil what happened in Khandala???( then she told Neil her encounter with Arjun.)
Neil- So, You want to invite Arjun in your Birthday party???
Samaira- When I said this???I am just sharing this incident with U.
Neil- So, you want to give a special Thank U to Arjun???
Samaira- Neilll
Neil- arre chill Sam.I know you dear.You like the man in your first meeting.But you don't want to draw any conclusion suddenly.Thats whu you want to know more about him.
Samaira looked at Neil.She was confused.
Neil- come on.Liking someone is not a bad things.arre poets always romanticise this First love things.But this is real life.So, you need to learn more about the person.Arjun gave you his contact number,right???Invite him in your Birthday party.We will conduct a test for Arjun Mehra.If he passed in that interview, then only you will take the next step.Till now, Its on Hold.
Samaira smiled looking at Neil."You are my best buddy Neil.Without U..."
Neil- yaa yaa, Without me, Tera Kya Hota Samundra Singh???(He winked).(Both laughed together).
Arjun concluded his work.He received a message.
"U free??? Can I call you???-Samaira, we met in Khandala"
Arjun immediately called her.
Samaira- hiii.
Arjun- Come on, my memory is not that poor that I forgot you so soon.& most importantly that girl,U gave me a Salman Khan wala compliment.
Samaira- okay, okay.How are U??? & ur wound???
Arjun- ohh, I am absolutely fine Samaira.So,..
Samaira- Arjun,errhmm, I like to invite you in my birthday Party on this Wednesday.Hello, Arjun are U listening???
Arjun-yes, But...
Samaira- no, But U have to come.First you offered friendship, now you cant back off.
Arjun- But I don't know anyone.
Samaira- you know the Birthday girl.Thats important & most importantly it's a small get-together with my friends in my home.So, U have to come.arre we will enjoy together.
Arjun- okay.I will come.
Samaira- thanks.will waiting for you.& I am forwarding my address in yor mobile.
Arjun- sure.

11 Pm, Outside Khanna Industries,
Arjun was sitting in a dark corner.Teji was right, here is no late-nights.Everyone left the office at 8pm.Dev, the manager also left the office nearly at 9:15pm.But still, he can saw that the light is still ON in Nandini's cabin.Suddenly Arjun noticed the light went off in Nandini's cabin.He became more cautious & hide himself more in behind the wall.After 10 minutes, he saw a saree clad woman sat in the car & left.
After sometimes, Arjun came out from his hide out.11pm,2 hours alone in the office.What work you are performing Nandini Pandey???You never meet with anyone, unless U want to meet.But You have to meet with me.You want or you don't want.I don't care.Game just Begins.Arjun adjusted his spectacles,smiled & secretly left from there.

Picture of Dev Arora. 
  • Ron
thank you madhu, i will surely read chapter 3 from sunday Smile
yeah shai is so sweet for bringing you on shaanse, hope you like it here and find more interesting threads to participate in Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Ron 's post:
  • Madhumita , Shaina
Part 4

Samaira was sitting in a corner of her rented house & eating chocolate pastry.Its her Birthday.Neil was busy decorating her home.Zubin & Kritika, their Changu-Mangu was in office handling both Neil & Samaira's work.In Evening, Neil arranged a small party in her home.Samaira's khadus landlord also gave permission for the party.From morning, Samaira was receiving wishes from her long lost school friends & online friends.But her real world only consists of Neil & Changu-Mangu & Birdsong.Neil was accompaning her from the morning.Her father stopped wishing her after she left home.But her Father never really wished & pampered her in her Birthday. Every year he always threw big parties in big hotels.Lots of people,lots of expensive gifts.But she never enjoyed any of those parties.But now, its only with her close friends & she enjoys a lot.This year only addition is Arjun Mehra.Ohh, how accidently they met.
Neil- Thinking about Arjun????
Samaira- No, I still not received any green signal from my apple.
Neil- But the dreamy look on your face.
Samaira- I was thinking about something else.
Neil- You were, But then the expression changed.
Samaira made a face."So You are concentrating on my face, Am I that much beautiful???"
Neil- No dear, I cant tell lie, I am a writer, So studying your every facial expressions.
Samaira- Neilll
Neil- I always want this Samaira.The bubbly Samaira.Dont be sad dear. Wishing you all the happiness on your birthday that you deserve every day.
Samaira- Thanks Neil.You always made me so special.
Neil- chal, get ready.Changu-Mangu will reach here at any moment & also Arjun Mehra.But first tell me, how is the decoration???
Samaira- Its superb Neil.But hold on, 25th Birthday.Remove It.
Neil- Ha Ha Ha.I am not gonna to remove it.Now, I made it public, Samaira Khanna 25 years old.

Samaira was getting ready in her room.She heard door bell.Then, she heard the voices of Changu-Mangu.After sometimes, Samaira came out from her room.Neil gave a whistle after watching her.Changu-Mangu came & they both hugged Samaira.
Happy Birthday Samaira.
Samaira- Thanks friends.
Kritika- You looked awesome Sam.
Samaira- This dress is a gift from Neil & I always appreciate Neil's choice after the day he chose me as friend.
Changu-Mangu- hmmm
Zubin- okay, okay guys, lets cut the cake.
Neil- wait, wait baccho,We are waiting for one more guest.
Zubin- one more guest???? Who????
The door-bell rang again.DING DONG.Samaira became conscious.
Neil- Its HE,go & Open the door.
Samaira- You open the door Neil.
Neil- arre, he only know you.Open the door.You Invited him.
Samaira opened the door.She saw Arjun standing there with a small smile on his face.He is wearing white shirt & jeans.
Samaira- Please come in.Hope you don't have any problem in finding my house.
Arjun- No.Happy Birthday Samaira.Wish you all the joy & happiness.
& he gave her a gift wrapped packet & a flower bouquet.
Samaira- Thanks.
Neil came & stood beside her.
Samaira- Arjun, he is my Best Friend Neil.
Arjun- You said about him. Your Apple.Right???heyy Neil.
& they both shake hands.
Neil- hii Arjun.Samie said about you.You saved her from goons in Khandala.Thanks for protecting my best buddy.My Jaan.
Arjun- Mention not Neil.Whatever I did, anyone can do this,afterall humanity matters.
Samaira- No Arjun, now most of the people always tried to stay away from any commotion.By the way, meet Changu-Mangu, I mean Zubin & Kritika.They are our friends & also our team-members in Birdsong.
Heyy Zubin, heyy Kritika.
Neil- Okay okay,formal introduction ceremony over.Now, Samie, lets cut the cake & then we will continue further.
Neil brought a chocolate cake infront of Samaira.
Samaira- yummy, chocolate cake.Thanks Apple.
Neil- chalo Samie, first close your eyes & make a wish.
Samaira- I don't have to close my eyes to make wish.Now my only wish is to eat the chocolate cake as soon as possible.
Samaira alomost snatched the knife from Neil's hand & blew the candles.Then, she cut the cake.Everyone sang Happy Birthday.Then, Samaira took a piece of cake & fed Neil, then she fed Changu-mangu & at last she fed Arjun.Arjun took a small byte from the cake, then put the rest on Samaira's mouth.Neil took a big piece & offered Samaira.
Samaira- I cant eat so big piece in one byte.
Neil- Take a small byte.I am patiently holding it infront of your mouth.
Samaira took a small byte, but suddenly Neil put Chocolate cake cream on Samaira's face.
Samaira- Neil I will kill you.
Samaira angrily got up to beat Neil.But Neil was faster, he took whole cake in his hand.
Neil- Ha ha Samundar Singh.Stop their, neither I will throw the whole cake on you.
All are laughing at their antics.Arjun sliently watching him, a small smile lingered on his lips.
After Sometimes, Samaira came after washing her face,She already opened the gift of Arjun & found chocolates inside it.Now, she is eating them.Neil also came & sat beside Arjun.
Neil- So, Arjun, sitting so sliently.Hope you are not feeling uncomfortable.
Arjun- not at all.Why should I??? I am enjoying my time.
Neil- no, often people felt uncomfortable after watching Ne-Sam friendship.
Arjun- not uncomfortable.Actually feeling jealous that Samaira has such friend in her life.I always feel Friendship is a precious pearl.No relationship can take its place.
Neil- so, that's why you in second meeting offered friendship to an almost unknown girl????
Samaira pinched Neil, but he completely ignored her.
Arjun- I don't think offering friendship to someone is harmful since the girl accepted your friendship.
Neil- But so fast Arjun.Okay, As you also became Samaira's friend, What you like about her???
Arjun(looking at Samaira)- Her Personality, her confidence, & the way she trust people, one can say She herself is a very good person.
Neil- If someone takes fyada of her trust in this kaliyug???
Arjun- Then he or she should go to hell & in the case of HE, also deserves kicks & punches.
Neil- 100%????
Arjun- 200%.
Neil- So, Arjun tell us about yourself.
Arjun- Was Samaira skipped this part???(with a smile)
Neil- Definitely not.But she shared her encounter with you only with me.Our Change-Mangu don't know anything.
Arjun- I started my journey from an Orphan home.From their, I completed my studies.In college, I get scholarship & studied CA.
Neil- not bad, A Chartered Accountant.
Samaira- one question from my side, From where you learn martial Arts???
Arjun- All credit goes to NCC.
Neil- I never understood these calculations things.I was terrible in Maths.
Samaira- Sama pinch Neil, even I was terrible in Maths.
Arjun- I understand calculations may be because my first crush was my Maths teacher.
& he winked at Neil & Samaira & also a naughty glint appeared on his face.
Neil- Not bad Arjun,not at all bad.
They spent the rest of evening by doing masti & dhamal.
After dinner, Arjun was sitting on Sofa & watching sketches made by Samaira.
Arjun -You are an awesome painter Samaira.I think you should organize an exhibition of your paintings.
Samaira- That's my dream Arjun.
Arjun- & it will definitely come true. Be your own light. Find your own way.
Samaira- one request, please don't take Neil's any comment seriously.
Arjun- heyy relax.I understand Neil's protectiveness.You are lucky Samaira in terms of friendship.
Samaira- Yes Arjun.
The door-bell rang.DING- DONG.
Neil- Samie,Who's here at such odd hour???
Samaira- don't know Neil.
Samaira opened the door & she was stunned.Her father, Samrat Khanna was standing there.He came inside & kissed Samaira's forehead "Happy Birthday, My dear"
Samaira( shocked)- dad???
Neil was shocked & also Changu-Mangu.Arjun was standing at a distance with a confused look on his face.
Samrat( in a cold yet sweet voice)-My dear, you did enough of your manmarziyan.Now, lets go home.
He put his hand on Samaira's shoulder & literally pulled her with him.Samaira was so shocked that she didn't get any chance to react or resist.
A servant entered into the room & asked neil "I am here to pack Samaira baby's luggage.Where she keep  her things???"
Neil ( shocked)- heyy hold on. Where her father took her???
The Servant- obviously in Khanna Mansion.Samrat Sir fixed her daughter marriage.
Neil- With Whom????
The servant- with Dev Arora.
Neil- What??? Who is the hell in this Dev Arora??
The Servant- I am not here for answering your questions, move on, let me do my job.
Neil tried to say something but Arjun put his hand on Neil's shoulder.All were stunned by the turn of events.but the confused expression on Arjun's face now replaced by a cold expression.
  • Ron
The first part of this story is very fascinating, very interesting, I enjoyed reading, one thing ill say, girls should be careful especially in the dark in a such places, if you are already going there alone then it is better to be alert and not go in dreams as if you are alone there, keep your eyes open and see who is watching you, girls should learn how  to protect them self, what if the guy did not come, she was in their hands, scary and interesting, I'll keep reading
[-] The following 2 users Like Rehan 's post:
  • Madhumita , Ron
reading part 1 of chapter 3, what kind of office he got a job in, not really friendly people are in there.
finish work till going home, feels like slavery work, do work do work and those hiden camera's bap reh, alcoholic workers are okay but those who don't finish their work are fearing their boss 

i feel arjun is here for higher job, lets see what happens next, don't mind me in commenting par parts of this chapter, also working also reading 
so far enjoying this one.

will comment after again Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ron 's post:
  • Madhumita
Hmmm, Part 2 and 3 of chapter 3 were interesting, 

Sam and neil friendship is cute, the way he helps her guides her pushes her and protects her is nicely written, her friendship with arjun is also nice.. but something in this guy is mystery

Ahm, EVERY one left and this man stayed till 11pm outside office, why, doesnt he have a place to go? or has something in mind, trying to win the game, story getting more interesting, now what does he want to do, be the Bosss or what?

Let's see.

I have a gutt feeling, he is friend of sam just because she is daughter of owner, trying to be friend here and trying to be friend with the big madam of office, 
interesting 

will read chapter 4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ron 's post:
  • Madhumita

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Devil Reloaded, An FF, PART 4 UPDATED Madhumita 48 450 11 hours ago
Last Post: Madhumita
  Melancholy- an OS (Aham Sharma) Madhumita 6 304 15-03-2018, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Ronit
  TepLa (Tej-Chapla) OS..... Updated below Juhi 18 774 28-02-2018, 10:46 PM
Last Post: Rehan