Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Repentance & Forgiveness By Vinnie R.
[Image: Forgiveness_zpsdbe274ad.jpg]

Repentance & Forgiveness...Action  &  Consequences
Another Sugvi  Fan  fiction...by  Vinnie  R.

Chapter one.
She opened her eyes and blinked at the   white overtly white   light of the  florescent  bulbs  above.  Where was she?  Her head hurt, come to think of it, everything hurt.   She let out a soft pain filled moan.  Her throat felt dry and scratchy.
 Turning  her  head and noticed  the IV  pole at her side  her eyes  followed the  line  that  went into  her   hand.  The antiseptic smell and the eerie quietness revealing to her that she was indeed in a hospital she frowned as she tried to recall how she got here.   Her mind   gave her nothing.
She closed her eyes and shook her head, bad   idea as a shooting pain enveloped her skull.
"oye maa!" She  moaned.  Feeling  like she was about to  black  out. Taking  a deep breath  she  closed  her eyes  letting  the  darkness  overtake  her  as  the  pain subsided...
She was awoken  a short while  later  with the feeling of  cool hands  on her   skin  taking her  pulse.
"Hey  you are awake."   The nurse said    smiling.   She left to call the Dr.   Who came in shortly  after.
"How are you  feeling ?"  the   Dr.  asked   checking her  chart...
"ummm Ok  I  guess  ...my  head  hurts  terribly... What happened  to me...where  am I ?" she asked.
"You  don't remember  what  happened?' He  asked looking at her.
She began  to shake her head then  thought  better of it.  "Umm No.."
"Ok that is understandable...Is  there someone  we  can  call  for you? We don't  have anything on you...your name?'
"uhh  ummm  I  am...my  name is...Um..."  Her head started   pounding. Try as she might   nothing was coming forward. Why...She  had to  have a name ...everyone  did ... A  panic  started   deep inside  her  as  she  could not recall  simple things   she was   asking herself  names  faces  nothing!!!
"Ms.  Calm  down...shhh calm down...take a deep breath..." The  Dr. said "its  ok  with  injuires like the one you were brought in with...It is normal  to be  a  disoriented...but  little  by  little  it  should come back.
"Huh? What happened to me?" She asked. Feeling lost  and  scared.
"Well  two weeks  ago you were  brought in by  a  couple of local fisher  men,  they  said  they  found  floating in the  sea  caught in  one  of the nets... you  had a swollen  skull,  and  lots of scrapes and  brusies...consistent  with a fall maybe?  Luckily  no broken  bones  but it seems  you  hit your head on something  solid.  You were unconscious. Any of this sounding familiar?  "
"No.." She answered as she took in what he was telling her.  It sounded unreal .  She had the overwhelming urge to cry.
"As I said  sometimes   the  when  the brain  goes  through a trauma you  experience  memory  loss but it   should  come back in a few days.  Just try  to relax, now that you  are awake it will come back to you." He said  smiling sympathetically.
"Ok...Um  where am I  exactly?" she asked
"Ohh sorry you are in  Banaras   Government Public Hospital"  He said.
"Banaras?"    
"I'll send the nurse  to  give you something  for the   headache..." he said  as  he  made to leave.. "ohh dose the name  Thakur Mallick   ring any  bells?" 
"Umm no.."She frowned  "Why?"
"because you  were saying it a few times while unconscious...its ok just rest..." He left with her staring at him.
She lay  down  trying to come to terms with what she just learnt.   Trying to do  as the doctor say and  not  panic.  As the nurse came and  gave her  an injection  for her headache.
As  she  fell asleep  , she mumbled  the  one  name  that was any  clue to her past...
"Thakur Maalick..."

******\\\\\\//////******

He  sat at the  bar  watching  the   man  opposite him  , his face  emotionless  as he waited for  him to  show.  " Three  tens...read em and weep!'   The man  said  as  he placed  his   cards  down  triumphantly,  he reached  over  to  take  the  pot   in the middle of the  table...
"Uh uh uh...not so  fast...that is  good   but see  these  three  queens are  much  better, right   Jack!"   he  said  softly...
"That is impossible ...no one can win five hands in a row...you're cheating Mister!'  Jack said watching him across the  table  angrily.
He  smiled as he shrugged... "Seems   lady  luck  is on my  side,  ironically  when  I  don't want  her to be...but  what to do...and  believe me...I have no interest in cheating for a measly   $900  ...But maybe  some one else   dose...I am  done."  He said. As he took the money.
"Not so fast  Mister..."  Jack  said  as he held his hand.  "I  know you are cheating,  and we don't take    lightly  to  cheaters  around here...now I suggest you  leave...without   my  money!"   He stood  up looking down  at the  ruffled stranger. 
 The stranger  looked at  his  hand  then   up at  Jack.  "I  just told you I am not a cheat...now   get your hands off of  me  before  I do something we both will regret. I said I was leaving  I am  about to..."
The commotion was starting to  draw  a crowd  in the  seedy  bar.  As  other patrons  were looking on  gleefully  at the   confrontation  hoping to   get some entertainment in this  otherwise  dull  night. 
"Ohh yeah... what you gonna  do ?"  Jack asked   squeezing his   hand  tightly.  He closed his   eyes  as he smiled  " Hey  Bhagwan!'  taking a breath  he  quickly  turned  his  hand   reversing  his grip   in the  process bending Jack's hand  so  painfully  that  he  let out  a scream...
"you  want to keep those  fingers  son ...or not..."
Five minutes after  he walked out the bar and into  the lane. His  winnings in his pocket and  a warning never to return  to   the bar again.   He stopped  by  one of the food  vendors  feeling hungry. 
"Excuse me  sir..."   his attention was  caught  by   a   small boy   who could not be more than  eight.  "Can you  spare me  a  dollar...please sir..." he asked  looking  at the  vendor's  stall  longingly.
how old are you?'  he asked  looking at the child  disheveled state
"nine"
"you are out here late...where  do  you live?"
"Down  the  lane, sir  please...one  dollar... before  he leaves..." he  said again looking at the vendor.
"Where is  your parents..."
"Chotu ...stop bothering  the man!"  the vendor  said..." Wait a   minute I will give you  something..."
"Sorry  Mister...Chotu  lives in the slums with his mother she tries  but  fell really  ill  last year...since then  he comes out  here   asking  strangers  for help.." The vendor  explained
"Hmmm...listen   give him  two  of  whatever  he  wants... and  I will take   a cheese sandwich   to go...' 
After paying  for the purchases  he  handed the  boy  the bag and  walked  him to his house. On the way  chottu  explained about his mother and her illness.
"Thank you  so  much  sir you are  very  kind." The little boy  said  as  he  was  about to   go into his small  shack.
"Listen  I  want you  to take  this   and  give  it to your mom, its not much  but it can help until she goes to work again..." He said as he  handed him the   winnings   form   the bar.
The  little boy  looked at him in shock. All that money . "But  sir..."
"Take  it..." He said.  "And  you  make sure and  go to school..., no  skipping you  want to  help your mother   the best way  you can  do that is   by  getting yourself an education you  understand? "
" Yes sir... Thank you  sir"  he said   tearfully  as he hugged him.  This money   would not only   get his mother the medicine she  needed  ...but  help them until she  can  go back  to work .
"Its  ok...now go  on  and  be  careful  ok..."  he  said  awkwardly  as  the boy  turned  and left...
"Well Well Well  aren't you  just the  good  Samaritan.!"    Jack  was back  and  apparently  he  brought company.  "Giving  away   my  money  and  all!'
 He  looked  at him ..." Hmm  you  don't give up  do you...really?' 
"Not  with  cheaters  I  don't... Now gimmi  my  money."   Jack said  ..."Or  my  boys and I will get it from you  one way  or another...right boys?'  The  three burly  looking men stepped forward.
"Look  I..."  before  he  could finish  the  sentence  one  of them  jumped  him punching him in the  gut. Ambushed   by the four of them   defending himself was not easy.  Especially when he really did not want to .   He closed his  eyes  almost  reverently  as  her face  floated into his  brain. The blows inflicted feeling like   a balm on his tortured soul.   Is this the end he was looking for .   In his  ears  he  was not hearing his  attackers   but her  sobs and   that blood curling  scream as she  fell ...
The blow to his head sent him onto the ground as he felt his skull crack open.  He smiled he was so close to the end...as he    sank into the   darkness of unconsciousness he whispered... "Sugni..."
Wow Vinnie, your 1st chapter took me back to our favorite Thakur vikram Singh action
Nice beginning Liked it., it took me to the banaras scenes we loved, the game / the way he dealt with people, seems like he had no reason to live, praying to die but no no boss.. death is not coming so easily for you... loved it so far
nice start !!
Good... Sugni in hospital and not in some........ you know.. so its good !!!
Good chapter,
Big thank you for taking me back to our HANDSOME VIKRAM THAKUR
I COULD imagine him while reading this chapter !!!
keep it up ,,, nice !!!
Hurry up with the next chapter  tumbs up 
thank you Ron ..for reading I am glad you are likeing it... Well you will see what will happen soon. Keep reading and commenting...Shayad yaha bhi mere ek lauti reader haongi hahahah.
lauti reader kyon
ayesha b to hay
she said she read this chapter, usey jana pehchana sa laga
usey laga usne i-f per pad liya hay pehle, maine kaha na jee na yeh new hay maine vinnie k 3 stories parhe hay yeh naya wala hay Smile
baki.... kal k liye new chapter send kar do.. Smile
i am enjoying reading it...
main koi shy yaan kanjus nai comments to de hi deti hon
keep it up

(13-01-2015, 05:06 PM)Vinnie R Wrote: thank you Ron ..for reading I am glad you are likeing it... Well you will see what will happen soon. Keep reading and commenting...Shayad yaha bhi mere ek lauti reader haongi hahahah.
CHAPTER  2.
(Mawhari …Bundel Khand )

“Bushan…..no  no…No NOOOOOOO!”  Godhavari   screamed as she  lookedat the body   of her oldest  son as he lay  lifeless in the  hall way.  “Ohh God  this could not be…first  Vickram….and now Bhushan.” She cried  helplessly overcome  with  grief.  As  Kuhu  sat  at her side  trying to  console her mother through  her own  tears.

“Kuhu  what is  happening to   our  family. Oh God  why are you testing us so?”  She   asked  helplessly.  In the space one short year it seems her  entire  family  went into  pieces. Ever  since they  moved  back  here   from the city  it  seemed.  Her last Son Vickram, a  hot head for sure became embroiled  in a village scandal that  brought their name  to disrepute  among the  Thakur’s.  He fell in love. The crime  was not that he fell in love . The crime was that he fell  in love  with a  local  village  girl, a bedni of all  girls,  whilst    away  from   his estranged  wife  Reva.

Reva who had no  love for her husband   but  loved his  name  and  the position  it afforded her. spent  most of her time  traveling and  shopping  with her  friends and   family  staying away  from  her husband  and  home  for  months  on  end.

Vickram was  for the most part an obedient  son, but   from the moment he met Sugni something  in him changed   with  her.  He became like a man obsessed with her.  In a village, this size of course people talked.

Yet he was a Thakur and  they  were known for  their  hot blood. Having a bedni  was   what most of them saw as their  right . And  she  thought  maybe   he was asserting that right  as well.  Although she  disapproved,  she  stayed  quite  thinking  once   the  intoxication  of it wore  off he would discard  her like all the others  before  him did  with  these  girls .  Chalk it up to loneliness,  peer pressure  or just the environment they  were in that made him act  this way.

To her shock  she realized he instead  of growing bored with her  as they  all expected, he seemed to be getting deeper  where he  wanted to  actually  marry   her and  make her  the Thakurine. A bedni  as a Thakurine  that  was unheard  off. And she would  not  stand for it.

Somehow she managed to  convince  Reva  to  return  home  and   get her husband under control. And she  did  put up a fight  refusing to  give   him   the devorce  he wanted.

Things  went from bad to worse  when Reva   confronted Sugni about destroying her  home and  marriage and  Sugni  claimed  she  had no knowledge that he was married.  The confrontation  revealed that Vickram  had of course  failed to  mention  about his marital  status  to  Sugni.

Vickram  insisted  that he  wanted   a divorce,  while Reva  played  the poor helpless  wife  to the T,  a joke  to all who  knew  them…but in  this  case it suited  Maa Thakur  as she  wanted  her son  back  from his madness  and  obsession  over that  girl.

Much  to  her  surprise  Sugni  herself  did everything to push  Vickram  away  telling him  she  was  not going to  marry  him and  that he  should honor  his  commitment.  He was  hearing none  of  it  his  obsession with   wanting her  as his wife driving him  into  stalking her.

Every  one  watched  as he changed into  someone they  hardly  recognized ,  until  one day  Bhushan her  eldest and quietest  son  said that  Vickram’s  feelings  were  not fickle  nor was he about to grow out of it, and if  they  did  in fact   separate  him  from  Sugni  they  were liable to  lose him  anyway.

He brought up the fact that  in the  9 years  of  marriage   to Reva   he never showed one ounce of happiness he  showed  in the few  months  with  Sugni, who if she wanted to  could have very  well  stayed  with  him and  destroyed  his marriage  but was  doing her best to  walk  away.

He  requested   that they  did  change their  mind and  release him from  a dead end  marriage.  Reluctantly  they  agreed.   Maa Thakur realizing  her son’s  welfare was more  important  than her status, and Reva  realizing that  even  if she  did managed  to  stop  him he would never love her, she was  young beautiful and  had no interest in  waiting for a man  whose  heart  was never hers.   She spent  9  years  in a lonely  marriage…a life time was  too  much.

But before  they  could  reveal to  him  their  change of  heart  it  was too  late.  Fed  up with the  fingers  pointing at her as a home wrecker,  and  not able  to  get Vickram to leave her alone,   unable to deal with  a broken heart  Sugni left one day   for the  river side  where  she  jumped  off.  Before he could get to her she was gone floating down  the   over flowing river .

Unable to save her, and holding himself responsible for her death, the life drained   out of him that day  and had Bhushan  not  stopped him he might  have followed her   over that  cliff  as well.  What he  did was  left   divorce  papers to  Reva  signed and  request that she  signed it  and get  on  with  her life as he had  nothing  to give her.  He  walked  out  of the house and never  came  back.  Not a phone call  not a letter nothing  to say  where he was  what he was doing.

Bhushan  did  his best to  take care of the business and  finances, but  although he was  good at the finances part  he did  not have the charm and charisma  Vickram had  in dealing with  people but he tried.  And  then  suddenly  a few weeks after Vickram  left Bhushan  became mysteriously  ill,  no one could  figure out what  was wrong with  him.  Then  suddenly  after a night in a hospital   they  got word that he  was dead!

Now   here she  was sitting next to  the body  of  her son   wondering if there was  any  end  to  this   turmoil in her family…

Later that  evening  as  Suman, Bhushan’s  widow,   was in her room  wanted some alone time  to  deal with the  loss of  her  husband  who was  just cremated.  She  lay  on the bed and closed her eyes.   He was a good  man,  quite,  non-confrontational, his mother’s  obedient  son and  one of the most  stupidest  boring and  plain   moron  she ever  came across.

She had  thought   that   being the eldest  of the  family he would be  the one in authority. When she  married  him she  would  rule  the   house and property.  She was in for a shock when she realized  Bhushan  may  be older  but it was Vickram that  called the shots  and  made  the  decisions,  while he merely  followed  like a goat to  slaughter.   She tried  many  times to  convince him that was  not  right and as the oldest  he  had more rights, but  all  he did  was  say  they  were one family  and  what was  his was  his brothers. His love for his  brother and mother  was  sickening to her sometimes.

Then  Vickram did the unthinkable and picked up  with that  bedni and  for sure Suman thought , he would either have to give her up  or be disowned  by  Maa Thakur. She sat  back and enjoyed the fire works.  Sure that it was just a matter of time before  he was shown the door. ‘Leave it up to her great  husband   to  take his brothers  side and convince the  family   that all he wanted was love.  Thanks to him they were  all  ready  to accept  that bedni!

Ahh but  she would not have that,   before they  could announce their  decision and  approval of the relationship, Suman  knew she had  to work  fast.  She knew  Vickram’s weak spot now and was not afraid  to  use it against him.   So  she  found  Sugni, poor heartbroken  girl and told her  Vickram in his madness to  obtain her was planning to free himself  from  Reva  one  way  or another, and if he could not get a divorce  he  would  resort to  murder.  At first she did  not  believe  he would stoop  that low.

She did  not think  he  would  taint  their relationship with  blood, but given  his   recent irrational  behavior  that was not too  much of a stretch. The man  who  would spend  nights  outside  her  house in a drunken stupor,  or who  followed her   around the village   apologizing.  Or the man   who  wanted to run away  with her  to a different village despite  being married…why  wouldn’t  he get rid of the  root cause of his problems in this case  Reva.

What  happened  next   was not  not as she  expected  , but better. What she had expected was  Sugni  to run away   from the village at least, which  in turn   would cause Vickram  to sink  into the abyss  of  further  madness  giving  Bhushan  the opportunity  to   take over his  side of the  business.

She did  not  count of the  girl  committing suicide, but it worked in her favor since she got rid of  two birds with one stone. Reva decided to  give up the  ghost that was her dead marriage and  move on with her life and Vickram upped and  left to parts unknown.

Finally  it all fell into   Bhushans’  lap…but her husband again  proved to be the  incomparable  fool, he  did  not want to  take the steps  to  take  his brothers   share of the business  even  when Maa Thakur was  saying that might be best.  He was sure Vickram would return  one  day. Then she found  out the   fool  was actively  looking for his  brother!

Then she  hit upon  a most unlikely  ally   in  in her  sister in law’s  Kuhu’s   husband  Digvijay  and   his father,  Jwala. There was  no love lost between Vickram  and   Jwala, who at one time hated each   other  but  called a  reluctant  truce  when Kuhu  fell for   his  son.  It was  with  their  advice  she  hit upon  the  plan  to  get  rid of her  husband “naturally” and   be in line to take  over the  Singh  empire.

Of course  it required giving them  certain  privelages, but that  was  a small  price  to  pay   to  become  the  head of this   business.!

Suman   smiled  as   she  yawned…so  far   everything was  going as  planed  a  few weeks  of playing the  grief  stricken  wife and she would be on her way  to owning it all.   Since  Vickram could not care less about attending his  own  brothers  funeral , it said  a lot  for his  returning   here, and if he did  it would  be  to  late .

It was just a matter of time  before  she was  the ower  of  it all  and she could not wait.  She should thank her dear husband, what she could not achieve in fifteen years of  marriage to  him , she would  achieve  by  his demise.!

Her phone rang , she smiled as she  looked at the number.

“hey  Hukum… “                                                                                                                                            

“Hey  how are you?”

“Hmm bored ..” She said…

“poor baby…I wish I  could see you  tonight..but given  your husband’s pyre is  still warm  that might not be   appropriate  na!”  he laughed

“Ohh  please.  He was not much  use to me alive any way…listen…wait a few hours  until everyone is asleep  then come over…you  know the  drill…the back door will be open.”

You  sure I  mean don’t you  want to pray  for his soul or something?’ he asked feeling twinge  of uneasiness.

“Oh  please, come on over…I ‘ll wait for you..’

“As you  wish  madame…”

“that is a good  boy!”  She said as she hung up. Oh yes!  Life was looking up!!!   She sighed contentedly.
HI Vinnie, 
i read chapter 2, GOOOOOOOOOD   tumbs up  
No adi - sugni story , happy to know it !!!   Big Grin
Bhushan Dead - sad thing... but he was dead anyway  Rolleyes , Story changed a bit and i am happy that you changed it into normal one, 
Nice, I enjoyed reading, Now......... Suman's behave is understandable, you fixed the writers errors in this chapters, Good progress in the story, liked it, 
hurry up with chapter 3   Smile
thank you Ron...and Ayesha... @ ayesha...why shy to comment hmm?? Come on I won't beat you LOL!!!
Well Bhushan in the show was useless anyway..yaha to I put him to some use making his mother understand and Accept the divorce LOL...then he had to die...beechara!
Yes Yes next chapter comming up !!

CHAPTER  3
(Six months later…)

“Are you   absolutely sure you are willing to do this? It’s very difficult”   The man asked Vickram

“ I am  sure “

“There is  no  guarantee here, you are doing this at your own  risk ,  you  understand  that? You need to sign a waiver”

“Give me a pen…” He replied.

“Do you have a death wish  or something?…I  have had  professional  bike   riders  refuse to do this stunt…yet you are willing.”

“Life  is  a risk  …I  like risks…don’t worry I  understand what I am  doing and  I am  not holding you  responsible  for my  actions”  He said.

“O k…” The   director said, as he wondered if this stranger was indeed crazy.  He volunteered   to   fill in for the stunt double, after the professional was injured.  He  knew  lots of people did crazy  things to get breaks  in films, but this guy was not interested  in the business…he seemed  fascinated  by  the  danger of the  bike stunt. So when they were about to announce pack up, he   came up an volunteered to do the stunt instead of wasting the days  shoot.  Having a tight schedule against his better judgment he agreed to this.

“You are going on the bike…and at 180  , up the ramp , over the hedge and turn  back  same speed…got it.”

“Yes…”

“Ok Good luck ….”

“Thanks” He said  as he took his position on the bike. Luck  it seemed  was at his side as he not only  survived  that   fight  six months  ago ,  thanks to the kind vendor, but he spent the  last few months  wondering  from place to place  trying to escape  her memory, and try  as he  might   to  get himself  killed  nothing seemed to  work.  Apparently  he was  too  much  of a coward  to  do the job himself.  No matter what he tried  death  seemed to  evade him.

Here he was  again  giving it a try.  Driving  a bike   180  miles  up a 100  feet  ramp  was  as narrow  as  this was nothing  less  than  a death  wish  for  sure.

It took  three  takes  and  a couple  of   cant   overs  with  the bike  but eventually   he got it done.

“You are one crazy  man!” the Director told him as he paid him for  his  work.  “I can  get a driver to take you to the hospital   to get you  checked out…you took some nasty  falls with the bike.”

“No thank you…I’ll be fine” he said.

“That’s not  true…you got shaken up when you fell you could have a concussion or something…let…”

“Sir I am  fine…I’ll be going now..” he said  as he  turned   before   the director  could   convince him  more.

As he put his money  in his pocket, he closed his eyes…”ohh Sugni there  must be a way  for us to meet again …and I swear  I’ll find it. “  He   said as he  walked  onto the side walk.  A few minutes after the world started spinning as he felt himself falling straight   onto the road and the  on coming car.

********\\\\\\\\///////*******

The sounds of the   music  coming from  the  reception hall at the mall distracted her  as she looked on to what was  said  to be   a mehindi  fuction. She  saw   a young girl struggling to  open the door  with all  the boxes she   was holding..

“Here let me help you?”  She  said as she  opened the door   for her to pass.

“Oh  thank you  you are so kind…could you  just help…” She asked  indicating the boxes.  She smiled  as she took  a couple  following the   girl  into  the   private   reception hall.

As they  placed the boxes in a room the  young girl  turned to her…   “Thanks  again…Hi  I  am  anita…and you  are?”’’

“Um  Chubuli…” she said, it sounded strange  to her ears after all this  time.

“Hi  welcome…let me get you  something to drink for your troubles…”

“Ohh no…I am not really  dressed for this…and I am intruding..”

“Ohh  none sense…it’s my  sister’s  wedding and you  helped me one soft drink  is nothing…besides I am  sure you had better things   to do like shopping…”

“Actully  no..I left Amma  shopping na…the music drew me..” She confessed

“Ahh I see…well enjoy  for a few no problems…” Anita  said  giving her a drink.  She took her to introduce her to the   bride who was sitting with the Mehendi  artist..

“Wow  it is so  pretty…I  love mehindi!?” She said  excitedly…

“You want to get a design  done…I’ll do it for you “Anita   said. Chulbuli  smiled she could not help but like this girl.

“But I  can’t… I mean  I am not a guest…”

“Ohh nonsense…” Her sister said . “There is plenty…and Anita is itching to  do some one’s hand…if you trust her..” She laughed

“What didi…I do good designs…come Chulbuli  I’ll do it for you…”

“Ok” she said as she took a seat.  She knew Amma could take hours on her shopping trips  so she had time.

“You are very  good” chulbuli  said a short while later as Anita put the finishing touches on her hand.

“Thank you…”

“So where you from Chulbuli…”

“Brasso   Nagar”   She said …

“Brasso Nagar?” one of the ladies said ..”Isn’t that down   by  the   river side” She  asked  looking at  Chulbuli  suspicionsly. Everyone  knew   Brasso Nagar  was  a place famouse  for  its girls   at the corners…

Chulbuli  swallowed as she nodded.   Suddenly  it was filled with an akward tension and uncomfortable silence. She could feel  their thoughts thinking   what was she doing here sitting with the  bride.

A commotion at the door caught  there attention as a small framed lady  with a big voice and a loud pink  saree  came through the door. “ I am  not  inviting my self here  lady…I am  just here for my  daughter…” She said

“What is  she doing here?”  The  same  nosey lady  asked.

“Chulbuli?” Her question was answered  by  Amma calling her name…

“You are with  her?’ The lady  said…”Anita…” She  motioned her  head  siliently  telling Anita  to move  from where she sat.

“I  think it is  timefor you to leave now..our guest will be arriving….” The lady  said, rudely.

Blinking back her angry tears she  stood.

“Of course I am leaving…I did  not come here on purpose  I was asked to stay…don’t you judge me…” She   turned and walked away  before the lady  could answer.

“Amma let’s go….I  was trying to  help  some one  but they  don’t need it…”

“Hmm ok  let’s  go…” Amma said as they  left the mall.

“Chulbuli…this  pink lehenga will look  awesome on you….ohh  and with your new  hair… you  will be just breath taking.  They’ll love you!”   Aama  said   as she  looked at the purchase they  made at the store.  Getting no response she looked   at her companion who was looking out the window….

“Chulbuli??? Hello? What is wrong dear?’  She asked in a sweet concerned voice.

She shook her head.  After a few  minutes of silence she decided to say  what was on her mind. “Amma ….I  really  don’t want to  do this, I am not comfortable  with it  and I..”

“Chulbuli? What are you  saying…we had a deal  now I am  holding  up my  part and I think you  should  hold up yours .”

“I  know but  Amma… I don’t like…”

“You  think we do what we do because we like it?” Amma  scoffed.   “listen  young lady,  once you’re in  here…there is  no getting out…and  you  are in…

“I  didn’t ask  to be…”

“ohh and  we did? …listen to  me  you are Very  lucky   Khatri brought  you here…and not some other place, where they  would not have been  so  understanding about your condition. Do you  believe in destiny chulbuli?” She asked.

She shook her head.

“Well  I do…and I  think you were destined  to  come here, one  way  or the other.  This is  not an easy  city , especially  for  a young girl like yourself, no name, no identity,  no money all alone here in this city  of  wolves…one day  for sure  you would end up here.”

Chulbuli bent her head  as  tears filled her eyes.  Part of her was  telling her Amma  was right, but another part of her was  revolting against  it.  How could this be her life.  But  what was her life?…she had no idea.  After she woke up in that hospital she  could not recall anything about her past.

That name  the doctor mention “Thakur Mallick.” Was  just two words without meaning.  A week after she  got up, she was visited  by   a man  who was one of her rescuers.  Katari.  He was very  nice, him being the  only person who seemed to  know  her, and  seeing that he  rescued her  she  thought he was her well-wisher.

When he  offered to pay  her hospital bills  and help  her find   her past she thought  God was answering her prayers… Then one day  he  introduced her to Amma. Amma  was  sympathetic to her plight and offered her a place to stay  and  even a job.

That job  she realized after she left the hospital and went with them  was that of dancer/ prostitute.  As she  figured out   what she had walked into…it was too late…she could not leave  as she had nowhere else  to go , she had no money and she knew nothing of the city as she realized   when  she  ran from that  place.

Out in the cold street  by  herself  facing   the leers jeers and  stares  of   the men…again  Amma  came to her rescue, or was it her damnation as she ended up right  there. Maybe it was her incessant tears. Some how Amma took pity  on her. And they  made a deal  she could  rest  until she  recovered and  then   she   could join  the rest of the girls  dancing.

She agreed  to it, but she  knew it was just a matter of  time before  she would be required   to do more than dance. Then He   showed  up, Devakar babu,  a rich   millionaire  willing to  pay  whatever it took to get her.  The  lure of  money  was closing in and Chulbuli could  see Amma caving in . Now she wanted her to perform  at his  private  party…what if she did not get out  of there. That thought   almost had her hyperventilating.

“Listen  Culbuli…I know what you are thinking…but Divakar is a good man he’ll take care of you   if you play  your cards  right, and you can’t get better than him…at  least not here.”

“But I don’t want better than him I don’t want  any one…please understand I …”

“I  understand. Perfectly. And that is  why  I am  trying to  take care of you.  You are starting to make this difficult.  Do you want to go back out on the street and do this the hard way?’  She asked her voice  as hard  as steel now as she  looked at her. A  lioness  watching her prey.

“I’ve been  good to you have’nt I?”  She nodded.

“Good ….now stop being so emotional… it’s not  like  someone is  going to just drop out the sky  and take you  away  from here….”  She laughed.

Just   then  there  was a thud as  the car  hit  something.

“Oh  gosh where did he come from?”  the driver  exclaimed.

“What happened?” Amma  asked the driver…

“This guy..he just  fell onto the car…!” He said as he opened the door to step out.  Followed  by Chulbuli  and Amma.

She  took one look at the  man  lying on the  ground and   her breath caught  as  she caught  sight of his  face, there was something  familiar about it  yet  she never saw  him  before. . Her palms began sweating  and  suddenly  she was feeling  anxious…

“Oh  my  God  is he alright?”  Chulbuli  exclaimed as  she   knelt next to him on the  side walk.  “He’s bleeding!”  she said.   She grabbed his  hand , which  for some reason felt  all  tingly  as she felt for a pulse, which  to her  relief  was  beating.

“I am  calling the ambulance….’ Amma  said  dialing the number.

Taking  her water,  Chulbuli dampened  her  wash  rag and  gently  began  wiping  his face. He began stirring but did not  open his eyes. He  let out a pain filled moan  as she touched the cut on his head…

“shhh…its  ok….” She whispered, no sure if he could hear  her  but somehow just wanting to  make him feel better.

He turned his head  in her direction as he opened  his eyes  slightly….”Su…Sugni..you …here…” He said bearly  above a whisper… “I  am so---sor…sorry…”  then he got  quite again as  he lost consciousness.  Chubuli  blinked at  his words.  What was he saying?,  again this  strange  feeling filled her that she   could not understand. The  back of her head  began  pounding and  she knew it was going  to  be the beginnings of one of her nasty  headaches,  whenever  she got upset.

Soon the  sound of sirens could be herd as  the  ambulance arrived. The paramedics  came out  and examined him as they  put him on the stretcher,  while Amma and the driver   gave  a statement to the police about the accident. Chulbuli   stood with them as they  began  wheeling him off,   the veil of  her   duppata  some how   was caught   in the  bracelet o he was wearing.

“Ohh sorry  Ma’am”   the paramedic said  as   they  stopped  for her  to  remove it.

The over whelming urge  to  follow him inside the   ambulance  was so strong that  her feet  automatically  started   following them, until she was stopped by   Amma…”Where are you going  beta..they  will take care of him…let’s go  home…”  she said   pulling her towards  the car.  Reluctantly  Chulbuli  followed  her  eyes  never leaving  the  ambulance   until it was no longer in sight.

“Should’nt we check on him?”  She could not help ask.

“we did  all  we  could…it was an accident,  besides he will be fine….” Amma said dismissively.

******\\\\\\//////******

“Look up….down…. how  is the head?”  The   doctor  asked.

“Better….”  she winced….

“Hmmm…”

“Ok get some rest ok… and no more over stressing yourself”  He looked over at Amma.

“ I am  prescribing   these new   medication for her,  please see that she takes it… What was she doing when she fainted?”  he asked.

“Umm she was at a function…just dancing really and she passed out….” Amma  said  evasively. Chulbuli  went to the function as planned  , but in the middle of it  she  fainted  causing the other girls to   take her to the emergency  room  much   to  Divakar’s  and  Amma  disappointment.

This girl was turning out to  be more trouble  than she  wanted.  It’s been six months  and  her  head problem still was in the way.  Divakar  was  going to lose patience soon ,  and she  did  not want that, for some reason he was   fascinated by  her.

“Well you remember what I said…she is not supposed to be stressing out. It is very easy   for patients like her to be stressed. Any progress in her memory, did she recall anything.”

“No not yet.”

“ok …Well you can take her home now …she will sleep strongly  with  the medication so don’t be worried.

“Thank you Doctor…” Amma  said   as  they  left the emergency  room.
(14-01-2015, 07:35 PM)Vinnie R Wrote: thank you  Ron...and  Ayesha... @ ayesha...why  shy  to  comment  hmm?? Come on  I  won't  beat you  LOL!!!
Well Bhushan  in the show was useless anyway..yaha  to  I put him to some use making his mother understand  and Accept the divorce LOL...then  he had to die...beechara!
Yes Yes  next chapter comming up !!

hmmm that's nice of you, waise b bhushan kuch kar hi nai rah tha... good job, ill read the next one
Vinnie, Chapter 3 was nice, the scenes were same as b4 but with few changes,
1st was vikram's bike scene - i loved that in the show, it was well written with few changes, then Amma and Chulbuli - that's good that amma is not living in dreams that she loves sugni and all.. for her it was a girl she buy and that girl has to follow the rules, she knows that their is no exit from this and i liked the way u made vikram's entry
**aapko bachane koi nai ayegaa, asman se b nai tapkega 
and Booom 
accident
Guess who
yes you,,, Thakur vikram singh,
Sugni k electric jatke hahahaha 
hmm last scene was nice as well.
keep it up
next chapter hurry up
sunday ko padungi Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vinnie's Creative Corner Ron 16 393 06-03-2018, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Vishnu
  FF. UNBREAKABLE BONDS Written By : Vinnie R CHAPTER 28 PAGE 9 Ron 91 7,633 27-11-2017, 02:38 PM
Last Post: Ron
  FORBIDDEN LOVE ....A SHORT STORY Written By Vinnie Ronshan 1 942 21-09-2015, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Ronshan